Jaden's mommy is going to pick her up next month, and she kindly offered to take our 5th care package to Taiwan. I have no idea if they even make it to Gracyn, but how can I pass up the opportunity.
I went to Target at lunch time and proceeded to buy more than I need because I've learned sometimes you have more room in that ziplock back than you think, and sometimes things just don't pack well. So, I go up to pay, and besides the Thomas the Train underwear, I have in my cart the following: musical glow-worm (I loved mine as a kid - although it didn't play music), a phone to record our voices, a pair of pink sandals with flowers, nesting cups for tub time, gerber puffs, and of course a soft photo album, totaling $47.72.
The clerk with a bandaid on the bridge of her nose says, "Do you need a gift reeipt?"
I reply, "No"
Clerk, "You're just going to go home and spoil your baby?"
I reply with a laugh and smile, no words
Clerk, "Am I right?" (or something to this effect)
I think - do I say my baby isn't at home, but I desperatelly wish she were?
I reply, "Yeah"
My baby may not be home, but she's found a home in my heart. As much as I love shopping for her, taking photos, writing about it, I really hope this is the LAST care package I send. I just want my baby HOME, and YES, so I can SPOIL her!
No comments:
Post a Comment