For those who have followed our China journey prior to our Taiwan journey, you know that our "expedited" status with China has always been a point of contention. I've been praying for God to show me what His plan is for us, and today, marking the beginning of our 7th week since being logged into court, He made it very clear for me. Now is not the time, and when the time is right you will know.
When I began to question myself, I stumbled on paperwork (the brown envelope kind) for China which arrived in the mail today. Yes, we see now. . .wait. . .date on the paper work? March 19th - 2 days before the anniversary of my mom's death.
Let's recap. . .Gracyn was born 3 days before we were logged into China. We'll be traveling right around the same time as my dear friend Pam (in Colorado) which we've always thought we would even though she had a January LID. (Congratulations to Pam and her family on their referral of Miah!). Slight change of plans, as she'll be in China and I'll be in Taiwan. Gracyn's birthdate on medical updates has twice appeared as our actual LID, not her correct birthday. Gracyn's story is that of most daughters from China in that we have no birth family information.
You see, Gracyn is the answer to my prayers. A little girl to share the mother-daughter bond I lost with the death of my mom, a child who needed to find her forever family, a petite little thing to match her not-so-big older brother! Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing me with Gracyn. Thank yor for revealing your plan for our family, and thank you for the unbelievable peace you've given me.
As we finish our adoption journey, and prepare for our new family journey, I want to enjoy every last minute. I want to enjoy time with Peyton as a singleton, and with my husband before we have even less time to enjoy date nights! The countdown has begun, and although the journey has not been without struggle, and has been longer than anticipated, no one ever said it would be easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment