I just wanted to take a moment to do a quick post to thank two incredible people who have supported me through the adoption process from China to Taiwan.
Pam (Soon-to-be Miah's Mom) from Colorado is anxiously awaiting her referral! She's up next. Pam and I met very early on in our adoption journey and has been an amazing source of support. She's sent so many things to the kids, and me too! From Christmas gifts to ladybug gear, to necklaces, and you name it. . .she's a shopaholic like me. Can you tell? Anyhow, Pam - thank you from the bottom of my hear for your patience, your support, your energy, your friendship, and for asking me to be your daughter's Auntie in California! Praying for the next batch to arrive quickly and waiting for your call!
Val (aka Shawna, aka my 5-minute friend) from California is the fabulous Mommy to 2 (check out Mia and Mylee). Val and I met right before we received Gracyn's referral, and has been my daily dose of laughter ever since. Literally, daily. Sometimes twice daily. She's always answered my calls - even though she could screen and opt not to answer. She's listened to me yell, scream, cry, laugh, VENT, and that's not just about the adoption journey, but about my DH too. Did I mention her daughter's wardrobe including MULTIPLE pairs of shoes fill Gracyn's closet? Oh, and she's also begun packing for me too. From pink cashmere to toilet seat covers for travel, oh and the collapsible bowl and dish soap wipes (cut in half to conserve - no, she's not Chinese, LOL) she has it ALL covered. When I get the call, she'll be over packing for me, the kid, and maybe my dad too!
THANK YOU BOTH. I am blessed to know women like you, and am grateful for your friendship. On days like these, when the roller coaster feels like it will never end, I'm trying to find positive energy within. You're it - love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment