8.01.2008

One month to go until she's in my arms. . .

In 27 days I get on a plane, and in one month, I get to hold Gracyn in my arms for the very first time. I've spent a lot of time praying for her and her foster family. I pray that they know our Heavenly Father, and that they are enjoying their time together. I also pray for Gracyn's sake that they are trying to teach her about Mommy coming to get her. I pray that the foster family will be able to travel with her and that they will show Gracyn that they trust me with her care.

I've also been spending a lot of time picturing what Gracyn looks like. We've received few pictures, and there's not a ton of similarity between any of them. You can tell it's the same child, but such different looks. Measurements seem to be smaller than she looks. In my mind she can come home wearing a 2T no problem. But then again, at 20lbs I doubt that's the case.

This past week we went out for ice cream to celebrate our Travel Call. We also went to watch a baseball game. I continue to shop for my little girl. Boy there are a ton of options and styles for girls. . .luckily Peyton is easy to shop for and he's not really picky (yet). We got Skype up and running - Peyton loved that too! I'm so glad we'll be able to talk and see each other while we're in Taiwan.

Tonight at church we had a meeting about the youth program and I got to add Gracyn's name to the 0-24 month list. . .it made it so real. We have 2 children. I have a son and a daughter. . .I can't believe it. It's such an amazing gift from God.

Sweet dreams Gracyn.

5 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

YES YES YES! :) I am so happy for you! :) The mommy of 2!!!! :) I can't wait to see pictures of Gracyn in your arms :)

hugs
your freind
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Our Family said...

It is exciting when you get to suddenly start telling people you have two kids! Less than one month now! This month will fly by and then you will be holding your beautiful daughter!

Hugs, Lori

Sarah k said...

Ok.. stop making me cry!! You just have to stop!..lol... Don't worry hon. It is so close and getting closer! I remember before picking up our Jer how I use to try to hear his giggle and his cry. I would wonder about how he would smell and would his skin be soft? The wondering is part of the fun. Now I do that with Jo. What will he think when he sees us? What will he act like, laugh like and be able to do on his own?
Hang in there hon.. you are right there and God is ready to bless your meeting with Gracyn.

Pam Caro said...

HI Tiff

I can't wait for you to go pick up that sweet angel of yours!! I will follow your every move you can count on it!! A mommy of 2 is just amazing!! I can't wait for you to have that precious angel in your arms!! I always thought the days would drag on during the last month but sister it goes by so quickly and then the trip is like a lightening bolt! I can't believe the journey is over already!! I am looking forward to seeing that beautiful smile of yours with your new addition! You are so close!! I am so happy for you!! Thinking of you and praying for a quick month!

Love ya girlie!
Pam

JackieMacD said...

YES! A son and a daughter... what an amazing feeling, right????

Can't wait to see her in your arms.

xoxo
Lucy's mom :)