Last weekend we attended a wedding, and well, in a nutshell, it was a disaster. We tried to put naps off until later in the afternoon to ensure kids that would be happy to eat later, stay up later, maybe even dance the night away. . .Peyton only slept 45 minutes, when he's used to about 2 hours, and while Gracyn slept fine, she wasn't happy to put on tights, in fact we had to take them off, and quite frankly she was opposed to wearing the most beautiful little dress that I had her try on in the morning, mind you, to ensure she'd be okay with it.
Somehow Gracyn had a set back. Maybe it was the bag I used that night to tote their stuff around (I used it in Taiwan and it had a bad affect, but I forgot. . .) or perhaps it was the family that she saw in line at the bar that were speaking in Mandarin. Or, maybe it was the coke towards the end of the evening which served as a "pick-me-up" at 8:45PM. It resulted in a terrible, terrible night of restless sleep. I know, I know, why in the world did we let her have the "brown soda" - well, because she likes it better than the clear stuff, and she's clearly had it before, and it makes her happy. I don't give it her in her bottle or anything! I swear. (I won't post any pictures of either of them drinking soda - I don't want anyone to turn me in!) Let's remember, although this is out of order, during the ceremony, I had one kid with no shoes on, 2 kids munching LOUDLY on crackers, 2 kids fighting over the yellow lollipop (oops, yep, I use those too!), legs that hurt from crouching down in red heels and a short dress, and a kid in the bathroom who barely made it back for the big family photo! Sounds like I have like 6 kids, huh?
We survived the night, but only one kid and one parent made it out the door for church on Sunday. That would be me and Peyton. He enjoyed and needed some "Mommy and Peyton" time. During fellowship I had him pick out a table for us to sit at, and guess what? He picked a small table set for 2! He reminded me all day how much he loves me. My sweet, sweet baby boy. . .well, he's growing up. Apparently after the wedding, and just plain ole gettin' older, he had a lot of questions including:
Mom, why do boys and girls dance together?
Mom, why do we have to get marriage? (yes, marriage, not married)
Mom, was I in your tummy? (He thought he was from Taiwan!)
Great questions my big boy, great questions. . .Can't we just freeze them as little people so they don't ever have to grow up?

11 comments:
I'm sorry you had a rough time with the kiddos. They do look adorable, though. And look at you with the fancy photo editing! Woo hoo! I love the shot of Gracyn from the back in black and white. You can see all of the details of the fabric of the dress. Very pretty.
Tiff,
Days like that are the ones we remember and maybe even laugh at later. Bailey has had many a tantrums over what I want her to wear and what she doesn't want to wear. But, those photos are seriously GORGEOUS!! Oh my goodness!! Get some pic frames like now!! Too cute. You all look beautiful.
Holli
After all that and your hair sure still looked great! Two sure is different than one, don't ya think? I think we're both in for lots and lots of surprises. See you Sunday!
Your pictures are just priceless Tiff! I don't care if she didn't want to wear those tights, that dress is just beautiful and she looks darling. I'm sure she was just as darling without them... I too have done "brown soda" and lollipops too. See if she will drink root beer brown soda, it's caffeine free! LOL...I love that you and Peyton were able to spend to spend some much needed time together. I think that is extremely important. I've been trying to make a point to spend quality time with each of our other children one on one as well.
I know what you mean about freezing them or making time stand still for just a while... It's hard to watch them grow up.
Lora
I am sorry to hear that the wedding was anything but relaxing, but look on the bright side... You all looked fabulous!!!
Looking at the lovely photos, you'd never know the evening was that tedious.
You have such a beautiful family! :) I pray the set back ends quicker than it came.
Big hugs
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome@aol.com
Sorry about the wedding. You got great pictures though. :) You all looked fabulous!!
Wow! Beautiful photos!
Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!
Tiff,
Would you mind sharing where you found the beautiful dress that Gracyn is wearing? I have been looking for a dress for Allie to wear for a portrait, and I just can't find a unique collection. I would love to browse the shop online if you wouldn't mind sharing it with me. I completely understand if you would rather not though...
Thanks,
Lora lorabelle@hrtc.net
Oh my goodness, I had to laugh at the image of you all trying to be still and bribing them with food during a wedding! That scene sounded all too familiar to me... but even though it was "a disaster," you all looked fantastic-- and really, that's all that matters :)
Courtney
Post a Comment