I can't believe Halloween is here. . .what I consider to be the first of "THE" holidays, and Gracyn is home with us!
So, I've decided that the day I posted the 7 things about me, I was absolutely drained. . .Mommy-brained-out. . .after reading the posts of the much funnier moms that I lovingly tagged, not because I think they're BOOOOREED (LOL), I thought I better change it up and borrow some fun from Jackie!
In the spirit of Halloween, here are 7 SCARY things about me that you didn't know:
1. When I worked at a pizza parlor I let people use expired coupons, and could never get the pepperoni smell out from under my nails. I'd even dig them into a bar of soap and let them sit. . .
2. When I worked at the Dim Sum restaurant, YES, I pushed around a cart with food. . .I'd yell out, "Ha Gow" (shrimp dumplings) or "Sui Mai" (pork dumplings) or "Pi-goot" (steamed pork) and with my great accent people believed I spoke Chinese. Guess what? I'd stare blankly when they stopped pointing and putting up one finger, and started speaking in Chinese.
3. Before DH proposed I asked him one day (well, I asked several times before this) when he was going to propose and he said "One year." So, I got a calendar and marked it 365, 364, 363. . .until the year was up. . .I think he ended up proposing after that, but of course, I still said yes.
4. As a child I was obsessed with numbers and counting. I'd lay in bed counting the number of slats on my window blinds, I'd count the number of steps on a stairwell going up and down.
5. I have an impeccable memory (well, I used to) and still remember the phone numbers, addresses, and birth dates of kids I knew in elementary school. Funny I have to ask DH whether his is the 10th or the 11th all the time! LOL
6. I lived in 2 houses until I moved out of my parents' home, but lived in at least 6 places in my college years, and lived in 4 different houses in 5 years with my DH.
7. When I eat, I have make sure the last bite is perfect. A little rice, a little meat, a little veggie all mixed together. Oh, and with cereal, the last serving (I usually eat 3-4 in a sitting, has to be just right - not too soggy, milk not to sugary)
8. I know, I said 7, but what the heck, 8 is a lucky number. . .when I'm stressed, nervous or bored I pick at a spot on my head. . .after I came back from Taiwan my hairdresser gasped. . .I now have a bald spot. I need to find a new habit!
So, there you have it. . .hope these were worth reading. So, here's the FUN part for you. . .comment with the funniest or scariest FACT about yourself by 10/14 and I'll send the WINNER a bag of their favorite Halloween Candy!
Here's Peyton willing to sit on a punkin!
And daddy's getting Gracyn's approval on the first of many punkins!
The picture I've waited to take for so long!
Peyton showing his sister some love!
Gracyn made it to the top of the Hay tower! (with my help of course!)

11 comments:
How on earth did you get those fabulous wagon photos????? I LOVE EM!
cute as cute can be! I love when Gracyn looks up in photos-- always to one of her Fathers: her heavenly One and in this case, her earthly father! She is a doll. I love the static hair!!
Shannon
FANTASTIC photos! I really am bored. NOTHING to do around here. Ho hum...
(tee hee)
XO
The wagon photos are so cute I think I just might cry!
Tif,
I loved the facts about you. If only I knew you then so I could tell you that my coffee soap I make, gets odors out of your hands.. lol.
The pictures are great, and you are a fun mom no matter what! All my expectations are met and I love you the way you are!!
A scary fact about me. I will give you two.
1. I use to be the manager of Halloween bootique in South Dakota and was on tv for the news explaining "unsafe costumes" in a gesture outfit (pointy shoes and all) and then again in a Sorceress costume (black nails and black lipstick taboot!). So out of character for someone that doesn't celebrate Halloween..lol.
2. I met my husband and both my children through the internet. How sad is that? David in a Christian chat room almost 9 years ago. Jer I saw for the first time in cyber photo and same with JO! THAT is scary to most people but more accepted at least! lol....
Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com
Oh my! Everytime I come here... I end up all misty! You have such a presence about you of just pure love for your children and enjoy and capture so much the spirit and essence of childhood. Fabulous photos and such a wonderful memory to share with us. Thanks for the joy today.... you have giving me a gift of gratefulness. =0) Sofa
Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Way to go-- enjoy your first "holiday season" the whole way through!
So, something funny (or maybe you'll think it's scary!)about me...
I have always had these super flexible ears. My family jokes with me that the cartilage never had a chance to form all the way because I play with them all the time (still do when I'm stressed). Because of this, I can do this fantastic ear trick of folding my ear inside itself and holding it there for as long as I please! HA! My kids think it's great, they want me to do it for them all the time!!
Be blessed,
Courtney
Awesome photos. You should do this for a living.
BTW - I just ran out of peanut M&Ms, so I'm desperate to win your contest. My answer was too long to leave in your comment area. You can read it all on my blog. Pick me! Pick me! I'm going into M&M withdrawal!
Tiff,
Love these facts so much better than the others... Thanks for being fun! I have to agree with everyone else about your photo's. You really do an awesome job! Please ask Gracyn what she is looking at someday, I would love to hear what she tells you...
Lora
ps. I'm bored too! LOL...
I think I'll clean again...
Love your list! the pics are just gorgeous.
Absolutely LOVE the photos :)
hugs
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Post a Comment