10.12.2008

Is this what you were talking about?

I've read many moms' posts about their SWEET little girls (and a couple of boys too), and how sometimes they have terrible tantrums. . .Is this what you were talking about?

Notice her on sitting on the floor? When she doesn't get her way, she drops to her bottom almost instantly and will sit there and fuss until I go get her. Only once has she gotten up on her own and it was because she saw us putting on our shoes to leave the house. If she's really mad, the sitting position escalates to laying on the ground bouncing her bottom up and down on the floor and moving in circles around herself!

 
Posted by Picasa


Just seconds before I took the pictures above, here is sweet Gracyn using sign language:

EAT
 

PLEASE (her modified version)
 
Posted by Picasa


I guess she was REALLY hungry!

10 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Noah will THROW himself down on the ground and smack his head if he gets upset or if you are tryin to pick him up but not in the time he wants he will like melt down. I have said to him oh there goes mama's snowman! heehee It tears my heart out when he has a fit like that and I am so worried he will hurt himself. There is no rhyme nor reason when he does it but he just keels over! At least she sits first! smart girl! Prayin things improve

Blessings,
Tami

Pam Caro said...

Hi Tiff

I am sure this is difficult for all of you to watch! Hang in there it will get better! It is so hard to see this especially with the circumstances where are children have been. She looks so sweet and innocent! Mine doesn't do the temper tantrum thing yet just the crying like you ar ripping her heart out which in turn rips my heart out!!

Take care and keep smilin'!
With Love!
Pam

Sarah k said...

Yep.. those are the ones!!! LOL>.. Jer's fave fit was and still is on only a few cherished days a year, the one where he sits down on the floor and scoots while screeching that special "SLC screech"..lol. It doesn't happen often anymore but man is it a doozy!!! Much like the one you have shared of Miss Gracyn! lol....

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

The Family K. said...

I hope you're getting some video of her during one of her episodes. The way you described it makes it sound pretty hilarious, though I'm sure it's anything but on the parenting end.

lorabelle said...

Yep, you got it Tiff! It's crazy... As a matter of fact, Allie was just playing by herself with her toys and when she noticed that I was on the computer, she promptly threw down her toy and came running over here to throw a big fat fit of her own! I should pull out my camera/video. LOL...
Hey, we could have a contest!
Lora

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

I am so sorry but I am laughing. Not at you, with you! I come from a place where I understand and can remember when everyone of my monkeys has graced me with such a show. Sometimes mine have even followed me around the house to make sure they still have an audience. Sometimes I laugh at them hysterically and point and sometimes they will stop to see what is so funny. My Nika used to walk and immediately flop and the floor & scream. It was BEAUTIFUL. I have sympathy for you sweetie... big hug. We're on the way for some ourselves... buckle up, throw your hands in the air & get ready for one crazy, fabulous ride, right?!

Biggest Hugs Tiff, =0) Sofa

Ramona said...

Oh my gosh! The temper tantrum pictures are great! She's still so cute even when angry. :-)

Staci said...

I'm totally smiling right now because she's still so stinkin cute even though she's throwing a tantrum. :) Oh, how I have been there so many times. My sweet N has had many of those.

We signed our contracts today!!! YEAH!

It was so fun to see you! When you have a free moment can you email one of the pics of the 3 kiddos together? Thanks!

Hugs,
Staci

Expecting Good Things said...

Oh yeah. That's it! She's a girl. I think tantrums are par for the course. B can sure throw one down for sure! Gracyn is cute even when throwing a tantrum. :)
Holli

Our Family said...

Samantha can throw some pretty good tantrums of her own and if I leave the room she will follow and start again! Sunday Samantha had the same type of hunger tantrum except it was at a store, while she was in a cart (she saw the cheese and it set her off!) Gracyn is so cute even when throwing a fit btw!! Take care, Lori