I was able to put Gracyn down, and knew that if she awoke it might be a replay of yesterday. She woke up a couple hours off, but then again she went to sleep a couple of hours later than usual. She cried, she watched me get up to make her a bottle, she was really mad, but as soon as I got that bottle in her mouth, and touched her palm, she took almost the whole thing. I watched her look up at me, and was still okay. Then she fell back asleep for a bit before waking up and asking to go outside. She wanted my dad to take her. I told her, let Mommy change your diaper first, and then go outside. She stopped crying, I changed her, she and my dad put on their shoes, she giggled when my dad had to put on a hat to cover the big bed-head, and they walked out. I'm sure she'll cry again when she walks back in. Stay tuned.
Best feeling was being able to comfort her when it hasn't even been 24 hours since we met. Between me and my dad, she's already making strides.
Thank you for all of the comments - I really needed them! My DH actually posted it after he had a chance to read it. I felt Daddy should have first dibs on this one and since he's on a time disadvantage, I gave him the rights since he's now a big blogger!
I'll post as often as I can!
Here's some more photos of Gracyn.



4 comments:
I am loving the updates! You are so strong and inspiring... knowing she'll be ok and just working through her fears... what an incredible mother you are.
And your dad ROCKS! Maybe he should stay over there and help Jeff and me out during pickup. lol.
You are doing a great job of keeping up with your posts. This will be great for you to look back on in just a few weeks. I'm so amazed at all you have been able to take in. I'm with Jackie, tell your dad that we all think that he "Rocks"! Hang in there Tiff, You'll be home in just a few days and the rest of your family will be there to support you.
Your SLC group of supporters is right here with you along the way if you need any of us...
Lora & Allie
I am still praying for you sweetie! The pictures of Gracyn are beautiful hon. I love the way you are taking the pictures too, the hand washing one is my fave.. call me odd but I love the hand pictures!!! Hang in there dear one! We love you!
Thanks so much for the updates! I have not been on computer most of the day because of labor day festivities with family but I am checkin in when I can and packing too! :) I am praying that Gracyn will warm up to Mommy really really soon!
hugs
Tami
Noah's MOmmy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Post a Comment