9.20.2008

Moon Day Information

Since some of you have asked about Moon Day, I thought I'd do a short post on it.

What I grew up knowing as "Moon Day" is the Mid-Autum Festival, which is usually celbrated the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar, hence mid to late September.

Moon cakes, or "beng" (translation for cookie, really) as we call it, have different fillings, but are almost always made with sweet red bean inside, and some have egg yolks in the middle to represent the "moon." I, personally, have always loved them. Gracyn does too. Peyton pretended to like it, but didn't come back for a second bite, so I don't think he was too hot on it. I think he thought it was chocolate. LOL

Moon cakes are sort of expensive. About $15 for 4. Might be worth a try, and don't be surprised if your little ones have the acquired tastebuds for them! Gracyn was all over it, and every time she sees the tin can she asks for more!

Enjoy!

No comments: