Well, we were almost home. . .the first document requested of me at AIT was incomplete, so to make a long, and dreadful day short, we're not coming home tomorrow.
Please pray that Darryl, and possibly Peyton, have a safe journey to drop off the needed document to our agency.
Please pray that this package is handled with care, "given angel wings" as someone suggested, and arrives in Taipei as planned on Friday.
Please pray that the "urgent" note gets it delivered with time to spare, so we can return to AIT and head straight to the airport on Friday.
Please pray that we are able to rearrange our flights, not incur anymore unexpected challenges or cost.
Please pray that Gracyn continues to make progress as she has been, and is comfortable on the the flight home. I think (from many others' suggestions) the delay may be God's way of saying, she needs one more day to adjust.
I know that's one big prayer request, but God is good. God only gives you what you can handle, right? I think I might have failed at "handling" it today, but He knows I'm not perfect.
Thoughts for the day. . .
I personally am in need of some strength to overcome the worries and anxiety that are weighing so heavily on my heart. Gracyn was so cute today, and much happier. She's really bonding well with my dad, and isn't avoiding me as much. She takes my hand and walks me to where she wants to be, she has the cutest little smile, my dad affectionately refers to as a "commercial smile" because she goes from straight face to beaming in a flash. Speaking of flash, she hates the camera or the flash on the camera so sorry for no new photos. I think I've only taken a couple since we got back from SLC. This is God's way of saying, enjoy the moment, live it, you can't always be behind the camera.
Homesick. . .in big, big way.
I have never really been homesick in my life. Today, I experienced and continue to experience homesickness like nothing I've ever imagined. I miss my husband and son so deeply that it hurts and makes me cry to think about it. Every time we hang up on Skype my heart just breaks. I love them with all that I am, and my husband has been doing everything in his power to keep me whole. He even considered flying here to be with me the rest of the journey. He's the same man that flew me miles away for a surprise birthday dinner before we got married. . .just for the meal and to return home the very same day. . .yep, that guy. My wonderful husband.
I know in my heart why this is happening on our journey. Gracyn is making a ton of progress. One more day would do her wonders. We're getting into a routine with her. I think I also needed a reminder of how much I love my family before we head home and take the next steps of this journey which I anticipate to be very challenging. This is strengthening our love so we can work together to make our new family work. It is showing me how much I depend on my husband for his love and support. I know sometimes I take his love for granted. . .after this, I don't think that will ever be the case again. For that, I thank God. For my family, and my incredible Dad, I thank God. For the support and friends out there helping me track down my husband today (Ramona, Sarah, Judy, Tami, Lora, and others we missed) I thank God. For my children, Peyton and Gracyn, I thank God.
After writing the above through tears, I feel so much better. God is good.
15 comments:
Tif,
We are all here cheering you on and praying with you and for you. I am so glad that Gracyn is making progress. I agree.. God has His reasons for everything. I hope you have a nice stay the rest of the time and can hopefully find your peace again and that the papers are guarded and delivered safely and timely so that you can return home to the love and safety of home.
Tiff,
How wonderful to hear that Gracyn is making progress and Mommy still has her head above water! Keep smiling, another day might just do her wonders... I am so moved by your experience and your ability to put your emotions into words.
Gracyn is going to love growing up in your family!
Praying that you are home soon!!!
Lora & Allie
Tiff,
You doing a outstanding job and gong gong is a wonderful dad!!! Things happens for a reason (god thing) and your delay at AIT could be that one more day that Gracyn needs.... sweetie, hang in there, there's a life time ahead of you, I will continue to pray for you & keep crying if you need to...it always helps me regroup :-)
Debbie
Tiff,
Thanks for sharing what's been going on. I appreciate your transparency and admire your ability to have a bright outlook in the midst of the toughest situations. You WILL make it through this! Sending lots of prayers your way...
Praying for you girl! :) Big big hugs!
love ya
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Good luck getting the paperwork quickly and getting home this weekend! Glad to hear Gracyn is doing better. Take care of yourself and yell if you need help.
Lori
We are praying for you!
Blessings,
Rebecca
Tif,
Your church family is praying for you. I know this process has not been easy, but you have handled it in such a healthy way. It is through these times that God reveals to us things he wants us to be aware of and learn. It seems you are doing both of those things during this time. May you continued to comforted by His presence and the love and thoughts of the many who care for you and your family. We wait with anticipation your return. God Speed. Sean
Hi Tiff
I look forward to your updates every day and enjoy the tears I get out of reading your journals! You are an amazing person, mom, wife, daughter and friend! I agree with you that Gods timing is PERFECT and am so glad that Graycn is improving and opening her broken little heart up to you! This is such a hard thing for our children and it is so great when we see even the smallest improvements! Keep you head up, keep smiling that beautiful smile, and we'll keep praying for the paperwork to get there and process smoothly, and a safe and enjoyable journey back home!!
Luv ya girl!
Pam
Tiffanie: staying an extra day may be harder on you, but may make it a little easier for Gracyn.....I know how badly you want to be home - because I was in your place a month ago - home sweet home....I will be hoping and praying that the paperwork arrives ASAP - I can't even imagine what that must have felt like at AIT to have incomplete paperwork...Susan H.
Hi Tiffanie:
I'm praying for you and Gracyn. It sounds like Gracyn is slowly warming up. I definitely believe God is giving both of you more time to get to know one another before that long flight home. One day at a time. Every day is a new day. Your relationship with Gracyn will get better.
I think you are exactly right! This delay is happening for a reason and I'll bet the reason is to give your little sweet pea a little more time to adjust. I am so sorry you are feeling so homesick = ( I bet that's really hard. I'm thinking of you all. Happy travels home! Sarah
I am so sorry about the delay. That must be really hard but you have a great attitude about it. I remember one night in Tainan my dh wasn't there yet and home seemed so very far away. You are getting through the hard part beautifully and we are all thinking and praying for you. If you have to rebook your flight get the red eye -Sarah slept almost the entire flight. Definately use the Benedryl - I didn't have to with Sarah but I did it with one of my other kids on a flight once. You have to give a big dose to avoid the opposite effect. (that happened to me once too!). You will be home with your wonderful dh and son before you know it and you will actually cherish these memories.
Sarah K is right, we are all cheering you on... I'm praying for your requests line by line tonight and I thank God that Gracyn is making progress with you. You can do this!!
Courtney
Tiff,
What a difficult day, you are so strong we are all praying you are on your flight Fri. I have heard of these things working out with last minute papers to AIT. Looks like you and Gracyn are homesick together. I hope you manage to enjoy your extra day in Taiwan.
XOXo,
Megan
Post a Comment