9.07.2008

Brother and Sister Forever. . .

Peyton has done so well in transitioning into his new role as Big Brother. He protects her from the dog, and makes sure no one takes her stuff. He yells for her, "Sister?, Sister?" when I've asked him to go find her. Sure, he's had a couple of meltdowns, but nothing major, and his behavior has improved since I left for Taiwan.

Gracyn is all about sharing, and smiling. So they are quite the perfect sibling match. Peyton has his preferences, she lets him have his way. He yells at her to, "stop!" and she smiles back at him. It's great! I'm sure she'll start to get stronger and may just fight back a bit more in the days to come, but for now, they are such a joy to watch together.

They both enjoy bath time, he hogs the toys, she could care less. He splashes her, she smiles. . .she splashes back, he gets irritated. . .go figure. They both love to sit at the counter and eat, and they're both constantly all over Gong-Gong (my dad). They both love and prefer to be outdoors, and they both like to be fed. I know, I know, I should not be feeding either one of them, but they're my babies, and they know how to feed themselves. I see no harm in helping them get the food to their cute little mouths.

Gracyn has adjusted so well. I can't believe just a week ago we met for the first time. She's starting to show a preference for me over others. Not sure she'd take me over her doting grandfather just yet, but what a special bond for them to have! She runs down the hallway with open arms ready for a hug. Still only gives kisses, if Peyton does it first. She waves at everyone, smiles at everyone, and her big eyes just sparkle and light up when she giggles! Which is almost at everything - if someone else laughs, she laughs too! Far cry from my moody near-4 year old. . .if someone laughs, he gets mad and says they're too loud, or thinks they're laughing at him.

Peyton has been a trooper - it's tough, no doubt. He's been an only child his whole life! And now he has to share everything with Gracyn. I'm so proud of him, and love him so much! I can't wait to watch these two grow up together! He's already teaching her the "bad" things!

I love my kiddos!! They love chasing bubbles!


And playing with the Pablo Sprinkler. . .


And driving around like crazy big kids!


Don't grow up too fast guys!!! I want to enjoy it!

11 comments:

JackieMacD said...

The Jeep pics are PRICELESS!!! I LOVE IT!

Pam Caro said...

Tiff

I am so happy that Gracyn has had a turnaround since a week ago. This is so common during this difficult time for our little ones. They look absolutely amazing and so happy to have one another!! Keep up the GREAT WORK and continue to baby those babies!!

Lots of love!
Pam

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

So happy to see them TOGETHER :)

hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Yvonne said...

Hi Tiffanie:

Great to hear that Gracyn has adjusted so well over the week. Peyton and Gracyn seems to be quite a sibbling pair.

Anonymous said...

Too precious! They are just darling together...just the way it was meant to be.
Love and blessings,
Teresa

Sarah k said...

I LOVE IT! So glad that things are going well for you guys! Too cool! The stories of how they are getting along are so priceless. And the pictures are just wonderful. You sound so at peace and just HAPPY! Glad to hear that in your voice afer a rough trip. GOD IS GOOD! Pray for us girl! We are half way there with the homestudy and are applying for grants!!!

Steve n Coco said...

I wish you lots of wonderful moments with your two beautiful babies! This is so awesome to see.
Courtney

Tisra said...

I'm sure there is so much further to go, but it gives you hope and comfort, I'm sure, to see that things are looking up for your sweet daughter. You have a daughter!!! What an amazing thing. Get rest, don't forget to ask those you love for help, and take lots of pictures 'cause it will go by so quickly!

Tisra

William's Family said...

What a beautiful post. It really is amazing how well our little ones step up to become older siblings. I'll bet it's also a comfort for Gracyn to have another little person around. It's so great to hear how things are on the up and up.

Megan said...

Wow you couldn't even ask for a better transition to home. Just think when she gets her sleep routine in order. Congratulations to you guys!
XOXO,
Megan

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Awh... I don't have words just tears of joy! I miss my siblings now. =0) Sara