9.01.2008

I leave and she stops crying. . .yes, that's stops, not starts

So it's been over an hour, and I finally went down to find dad and Gracyn. She started crying the minute she saw me. . .and then stopped the minute the elevator door closed for me to go back upstairs. Oh well, at least she likes my dad. I think she feels that I'm the one who took her away, so I'm a bigger threat. Was hoping to skype with her dad and brother, but she may be hysterical again when they come back, so we'll have to see.

I'm okay with the most recent rejection, but probably because I just got a dose of DH and Peyt. I so desparately want to hold Peyt and have him kiss me on the lips! I need some kid love since Gracyn isn't ready. How much does it cost to overnight a kid to Taiwan?

I want to go home. . .

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Tiff, hang in there. It must be tough being away from Peyt but you'll all be together soon and will have lots of family time together while DH is off. It's wonderful that Gracyn is bonding with gong-gong already. Stay strong and just keep lovin on that precious little one.

lorabelle said...

Tiff,
So many thoughts are running through my head right now and yet I know that nothing I can say you haven't already thought... I'm sorry, She will get past this and love you with all of her heart in just a few days... You are probably stronger than you have ever been in your life and your faith will pull you through this for you and for Gracyn...
See, I told you. My mind is a racing with emotion for you and your daughter. Just a few more days and Peyt will be in your arms again. It sounds like from the post on the blog that DH is doing a great job and DS is in wonderful hands. Know that all of us are thinking of you and will continue to do so.
Lora & Allie

Sarah said...

Hey, Tiff. Hang in there. You've got some bridges to build, and they can't be built in one day. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Pam Caro said...

Hey Tiff,

Hang in there! I know this is so hard when all you have wanted is to hold that girl and show her some lovin'!!Just wait sister I promise you - you will be in a position sooner than later that she won't want ANYONE else but you! You won't even be able to leave the room, I am sure she will flip!! You are the mom after all and kids love their mommies with all their hearts!! Hang in there and keep you chin up!! I know this difficult just keep asking for guidance - you're doing all you can!!

Love ya!
Pam

Dawn said...

I am sorry that the adjustment is going roughly. Give her time. She was soon realize that Mommy is pretty cool!!

Sarah k said...

Tif,
Don't worry hon. I know this is trying and hard on you but it is so much just apart of the journey for some. We had a tough adjustment with Jer and so I know what you are going through in a way. Hang in there hon.
Psalm 143:7-12

7Answer me quickly, O LORD;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.

8Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.

9Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD,
for I hide myself in you.

10Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.

11For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life;
in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.

12In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant.

Love you hon,

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

aww big hugs Tiff! I love ya girl! I know this is so hard. Praying she will adjust so very soon! Praise God your dad is able to tend to her some. Big hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Jiangxi3 said...

Tiffanie she is absolutely beautiful!!
Remember you prepared yourself for this rejection. Although it is painful, just keep remembering she is bonding because she was sooo loved. A child can usually only bond with one person at a time like this. In this case you are a safe place for the anger. Just try to think of Peyton and how mad he would be if he woke up in a strangers arms. Hang in there you are a great Mama. How special for Gonggong to get her heart. A mothers love is life long...
God speed, Kate

William's Family said...

Awww... this has got to be so hard on you (and of course, Gracyn, too). Sending up a prayer for you both right now.

Our Family said...

Tiff,
You are amazingly strong and patient and I am in awe of how well you sound. I know you know it will take time for her to process her loss but while that is happening she will also be processing how much love and compassion (and patience) you are showing her, so your attachment and bonding have already begun. Although it takes a lot of time for true attachment to form she is already learning to trust you, so your bond is already forming and sooner than you think she will have a strong bond AND a firm attachment to mom!

You are very lucky that she is responding to your dad so well. That will help her relationship with him and with you a lot in the future.

Btw she is absolutely adorable!! Sierra said she is one of the cutest girls she's ever seen on a blog and Samantha just yelled "pretty baby" over and over again so both of my girls are ready and eager to meet her! I cannot wait to meet her! I am going to try even harder to get together as soon as possible!

Take care. Hugs, Lori