9.22.2008

Me, the Smile Award? Are you tired Judy?

Judy over at PHL to TPE must really be suffering from her "puffy-eyes" because she just posted that I deserve the Smile Award. As Judy said, "Who, Moi?" Judy, you made my smile, so you definitely deserve the award. . .I thank our Heavenly Father and I thank you my dear friend! I needed to be lifted up today! He must have known.



Since one of the qualities Judy believes I have is honesty, I thought I'd also do a little update on Gracyn. I will follow up with a more detailed post, but for any of the moms out there waiting for toddlers to come home, please know that it is an entirely different experience. It comes with both challenges. . ."terrible 2" tantrums mixed with grieving, and reward. . .a sweet little girl running to you with her arms wide open, who's full of giggles when you pretend to put a fruity cheerio in her mouth, but instead pop into your own! I am loving being a mommy to two beautiful children, but no doubt, it's hard work! Thanks to the wonderful support system of bloggy pals, like Judy, I can't help but keep on smiling.

As you'll see below, I have no idea how I won the Smile Award. . .maybe I won for "making mistakes"? - I do that a lot. . .

In case you're wondering, here are the Smile Award rules:
1. The recipient must link back the the award's creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.

Five Fabulous Ladies who deserve the Smile Award!
Jackie over at Taiwan On: This is the lady who coined, "I survived Taiwan Lucy," and she survived by BELIEVING! She certainly endured one of the longest waits to bring home her daughter, and along the way, as challenging as it was for her, she cheered the rest of us on! See #5 characteristic above? That's Jackie for ya! She fits all the criteria, but is famous in world of blogging.

Tami over at till God brings them home: Tami is a woman of faith, and is as sweet as sugar! She, is a "gifty" (a word she coined) to us. She just came home with Noah, and was so honest about her fears. She made it home with His help and lots of prayer! She is a wonderful friend and always takes the time to comment on our blog! When you wonder if anyone is around, you can always count on Tami.

Deborah over at a DiDi for our Family: Deborah has lifted me up in prayer time and time again and brought many smiles to my face during my journey to Gracyn. She is a wonderful wife and dedicated mom to some awfully beautiful children! So dedicated that we miss seeing more updates, but we know it's because she's busy being a mom!

Lori over at Baby makes Four: Lori always finds time for her friends even when she's faced with tragedy. Lori has been so open and honest about her nephew Logan, and needs our prayers, and deserves to smile to soften the tears. She sacrifices herself to take care of others, and is such a dedicated wife, mother, sister, and aunt.

Sarah over at Taiwan Kiddo 2: Sarah was with me while I was in Taiwan. Not literally, but she stayed on line and chatted with me during some of darkest moments. She tracked down DH for me, she prayed with me, prayed for me, and lifted me up when I needed it most. She made me smile when I was covered in tears. She's uplifting, talented (she can sing!), and is all about serving Him. She contributes so much to the world of adoption! Be sure to check out all her sites.

6 comments:

Room for More said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Room for More said...

You are such an encouragement to me. we are signing to adopt a toddler and my family has enjoyed watching your journey. I am loving to watch the day-to-day with your little ones! Judy wasn't 'sleepy', you deserve the Smile Award : )

Shannon
http://thisisouradoptionjourney.blogspot.com/

William's Family said...

Boy, you work quickly!

No, for once, I was actually fully awake and cognizant when I chose my nominees. And yes, you are quite deserving.

JackieMacD said...

I agree with Judy -- you ARE deserving! And I love the honesty about the toddler adoption. Girl, I KNOW what you mean!

Now... wait til I tell Jeff that you chose me. He should get a BIG chuckle out of that one!

xoxo

Our Family said...

Tiff,
Thanks so much. This did make me smile! You really are a good person and wonderful friend! I am home so Samantha can nap and J can come home and I can head back over to relieve Amber for awhile. It's been a day I'll tell you that!
I am very agitated so I decided to spend my home time checking out your blog. This is the second time in a row that I've come to your blog and discovered something nice you've done for my family or me.
Thank you!!
Lori

Sarah k said...

Hey sweetie... Judy was right to give you a Smile award. If anyone deserves it I KNOW it is you. And thank you for nominating me! I started to cry at your wonderful words! You are such a sweet and awesome lady and a beautiful Christian and servant of Christ. You have such a loving and honest spirit... Love you girl! And thank you for being a wonderful friend.
Sarah k.