9.10.2008

I'm in love with my beautiful sweet peas!

I couldn't decide what photos to post, so I decided to do an album. This captures the first 2 days after we arrived home. DH and I were looking at them today, and Gracyn has already changed so much since I met her, and even more so since these photos were taken. Peyton has learned to become a ham for me in front of the camera. Gracyn on the other hand, usually closes her eyes and puts her hands up, so I was very lucky to catch these! We really don't have that many photos of her while in Taiwan, so I'm cherishing these as her "first days" with us.


Gracyn is an absolute doll. DH said that even though she's still rejecting him, because she's so beautiful, it's okay. I couldn't agree more. She's totally coming out of her shell. Jumping around the house, sitting on my stomach, in the refrigerator every second it's opened, (just like Peyt), snacking on EVERYTHING (again, just like Peyt), drinking Capri Sun, eating McDonald's, (I know, we're terrible parents - but what to do when both kids are starving and you're on the way home from the first doctor's appt?!), is a gem during diaper changes, (even throws the diaper away - or takes you to throw it away), eats fruit, knows how to sit to put on her sandals, tries to take them off by herself as soon as we walk in, washes her hands before and after eating, and everything in between (OCD? but so is our household with cleanliness so who cares!), pushes her little grocery cart around the kitchen island, (even though toys aren't allowed in the kitchen), ran down the little slide in the play room - didn't sit, races her brother down the hall, loves to play the ABC song (little leap on the refrigerator) and dance in the kitchen, loves her baths, and only fusses when she's itchy or tired.

She truly is just a beautiful blessing, and on her way to her terrible 2's! Likes me to feed her for a while, but is great at using a fork, and is an incredibly neat eater. Picks up anything that falls, likes her face and hands wiped with a napkin, even purses her lips to be cleaned up. . .I tell you, she is the perfect child for me! At the grocery store today, Peyt and Grace got balloons. Her face lit up, and she held onto it! She's much better at shopping than Peyt. He admits he hates it - unless he's going to pick out a new DVD. Busted again - yep, movies work in the car for us, and even when Peyt just needs a break from being a wild boy! Gracyn will watch in the car, but isn't very interested while at home. She does like music, and has rhythm! Daddy was doing hip hop for her this morning and making her laugh! Should have caught that on video, huh?

Well, the kids are asleep, and I've got more laundry calling my name. I don't mind, now that I have enough pink to do an entire "pink load"! I'm truly enjoying life as Mommy to two. I would have never imagined posting this so early on in this stage of our journey. I couldn't be happier. God is so good!

11 comments:

Megan said...

What a blessing, she is such a little lady! I love that she gets along with Peyton so well and is having fun. So glad to hear. How are you holding up as mom of 2?

Unknown said...

Tiffanie - isn't life grand? Susan H.

Julia said...

Your family is so beautiful, I really enjoyed reading your trip to Taiwan to bring her home!

Staci said...

I love seeing pics of your kiddos together...just priceless. Glad to hear things are going so well. Enjoy! :)

Pam Caro said...

HI Tiff

I am so excited for you guys!! She looks so happy and seems to be adjusting really well according to your posts!! Peyton looks like he is enjoying being the "teacher" as all big brothers should be!! Enjoy the moments before you know it you'll have to be at work again!! Take care of yourself and keep spoiling those precious babies of yours!! I am so glad it has turned out to be so positive already!!

Steve n Coco said...

What a gift. Glad you're enjoying yourself!

Courtney

William's Family said...

I am so delighted to read about how Gracyn has been coming out of her shell. It really is amazing how well our kids fit us and vice versa. Looking at the great pictures, it looks like Gracyn and Peyton have been brother and sister all of their lives.

lorabelle said...

So happy that everything is going great for you guys! She is so darling... Great pictures!!!
Lora & Allie

Sarah k said...

Ok.. I agree with Darryl on this one!!! SHE IS TOO CUTE!!! It looks like in several pictures that she is praising! lol.. and Peyt... He is scrumptious too!!!! Gotta love them! It is great to see them loving their time together!!!!

Deborah said...

Gracyn is absolutely beautiful. I'm happy to hear that these first days at home together are going so well. May you all have many reasons to rejoice in the weeks to come.

JackieMacD said...

Wow... you are one lucky mama! Beautiful kids and I'm so happy to see how well Gracyn is doing.

I can't wait to meet in person. The little princesses should keep us comparing stories for a long, long time!