Gracyn enjoyed a lot of "firsts" with us today! The swing, a giant cookie,and the slide. . .it was a glorious day!
Swinging good time!
Cookie Love. . .
Sliding is fun too!
A New Big Brother, deep in thought. . .
Poor baby has had to do a lot of growing up in a very short period of time. When he's mad at me he tells me: "I'm going to tell Dad to call the police and they're going to come get you." This is the same kid who screams in Target, "You're making me nervous, Mom!" He's so protective of his sister, and so far he hasn't taken any of his frustrations out on her. He told her today, "Stay with us, you're our baby." So sweet. I'm so proud of him, and I love him with all my heart. I can't believe how much he's grown up in the last week. He's so helpful, even wiped her butt for a diaper change He adores her. . .so far. . .and she idolizes him.
Whatever Peyton does, Gracyn does too. They drink out of twisty top Propel bottles, they're in the refrigerator non-stop, they can polish off a can of Gerber "Cheetos" in nearly one sitting (they were exposed to these thanks to Sarah H. who sent them for Jo's care package, but Peyton opened 'em), they both like to dance around, and they both love bath time.
Benefits of having a little sister. . .Peyton will now eat his fruit and veggies (Yes, Jackie, it will work!), he can go to a public restroom and be helpful with his sister rather than be crazy and touching everything, he pretends to enjoy shopping because his sister does, and the best part. . .he goes to bed early.
With Gracyn, I just change her diaper, grab a bottle, put her down in her crib, give her a kiss, and soothe her until she drifts off. Once sister is in bed, big brother is exhausted from all the playing, and conks out on the couch with Dad. Which is when I hop on the computer on blog away! LOL
I thank God every day for my family. Peyton and Gracyn are such a wonderful sibling match. As an only child, I wondered how I would fare with 2. I'm still a little overwhelmed at moments, but sitting in the back seat between two silly kids trying to make me smell their stinky toes, or seeing them side by side in their stroller eating corn dogs at the mall, is all worth it. Did I mention Peyton lost his shoes at the mall?! Yes, he takes them off all the time, but this time, he took them off, we were wheeling away, he asked about them, and I was joking and said they were gone. I thought they were in the stroller basket. When we got to the car, no shoes. For real. . .DH went back to look, but apparently someone else really needed the tan crocs with missing heel straps (since they used to have fleece lining), and they were gone. . .oh well. He's 3-1/2 and that's the first pair of shoes we've lost. (Minus a bootie when he was a baby)

5 comments:
What a duo - you all look like you had a great time at the picnic! I understand the wanting to do everything the older sibling does -that is certainly a benefit of having someone else around!! However My older child isn't eating her food, she is still too busy wanting to feed and take care of 'her' baby!! They are climbing all over the furniture as I type this which is something not normally allowed but I am learning some things aren't worth getting in a tizzy over with 2! Keep up the great work it looks like you are making huge strides and doing it all right!! I understand the tough days I think those are around no matter what especially during the transition phase! You're amazing keep it up!!
Hey Tiff, you are too sweet! It was so fun to see your beautiful family all together...so glad we got to meet you. :) I'm so bummed I didn't bring my camera yesterday!! You got some great pics...I love the one of big bro and little sis together. I'll be sure to let you know it we hear anything exciting. :)
You guys sound like you're doing just great! Nice job.
Courtney
Gracyn looks like she's having a blast as the newest member of your family. I can tell she's going to be one gorgeous girl when she grows up. Good thing she's got a big brother to protect her from the mobs of future suitors.
How sweet to read about how well Peyton has adjusted to his new responsibilities. It's amazing how much having a sibling changes an only child, isn't it?
Peyton is doing so great with all the changes! They are a perfect match. What a great way to start your new family of 4. She sounds so easy.
XOXO,
Megan
Post a Comment