Thank you all for lifting me up in prayer. And a big thanks to the prayers from my church family - thanks Pastor Sean!
Thank you Tami! I watched the video dedicated to Celeste and American music sounded so good. Youtube here I come. . .Flashdance, Time after Time, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, September (Earth, Wind & Fire) - a song DH and danced to at our wedding. . .
Then I moved to Chris Tomlin - Amazing Love, Holy is the Lord, How Great is Our God. . .We Fall Down, Blessed be Your Name, God of Wonders. It felt so good to let out some more tears. My dad took Gracyn out for a walk, and I was able to just be alone. To be with God.
Shortly after I wrote this (on Thursday still), we were able to Skype with PEYTON, my favorite little guy! My Hero. While we were Skyping we were eating Mas Burgers and Fries, along with a good ole Coke.
I was talking to Peyton, telling him how much I loved him, I was so happy to see the little guy! I asked him for a kiss (he actually kisses the screen) and guess who comes running to me. . .that's right, little miss Gracyn with lips smooched together and ready to plant one. Everyone got to witness Gracyn and Mommy's first kiss! She kept running to and from me and Dad offering up her love! My Dad said Peyton looked sad when he saw me kissing his baby sister. . .Gracyn apparently started to feel some pressure for attention.
Meanwhile, during the same call, she started climbing all over Dad, apparently has had french fries before because she didn't want a little bite, she wanted a whole fry to dip in ketchup - that's my girl! She ate some burger, and yep, we let her have some Coke - she knows how to use a straw and sip from a water bottle quite well. Peyton is my little HERO! And of course, I thank God for this. It was amazing to see Gracyn waving at Daddy and Peyt with smiles, and for the first time we really got to see Gracyn.
Daddy and Peyton went shoe shopping and Peyton picked out Nikes. Then they picked out a dress for Gracyn! How cute! They showed it to use via Skype.
Dad took Gracyn out for a walk after the great call, and she fell asleep in her stroller. Slept over 2 hours like a little angel.
Last but not least, here's a photo from her first bath that I never got around to posting. . .She really doesn't like the flash, so it's hard to take pictures of her indoors. When she sees the camera coming she squints and covers her face!
Today was a good day. . .I loved having time on-line with Peyt, and having Gracyn kiss me for the first time was so sweet. I'm starting to feel what it's like being a Mommy to 2! I was torn. . .I wanted Gracyn's kisses, but I didn't want my Peyton to think I had forgotten about him. . .My love for each of them is so unique, just as they are.
Thank you Heavenly Father for this beautiful day!


10 comments:
Hi Tiffanie:
Thanks for posting the photos. Gracyn is so adorable. It sounds like Gracyn is starting to come around the corner. I look forward to checking out your blog every day to see how you're doing. Praying that you all will return home safely and peacefully soon.
Tiff,
It is so great to see you two, well, three, well five really, starting to bond! Gracyn really is very, very cute and it sounds like you had a good day. Even without the adoption portion being stuck in a foreign country (I've BTDT) is very tough and makes one want everything USA!!! We are off to celebrate Logan's bday but I wanted to quickly check on you guys!
Hugs, Lori
Oh Tiff, I'm so happy to "hear" some joy coming out of you. The pictures of you guys Skyping and Gracyn on top gong-gong are just priceless. Nice bow on Gracyn :0)
It's amazing how much love you can have for each of your children. I can't wait to watch your relationships grow and change as a mommy of 2.
Praying that you will be home soon and the then the real fun can begin. I think we need some Freeport Bakery to celebrate :0)
Hi Girlie,
I am SO SO SO SO SO Happy I can hear the excitement thru your email!! The pictures of your entire family are wonderful and a great idea!! KUDDOS!! I am so excited you have had a breakthru and she was able to open her heart up to show you her affection! This is so wonderful!! God is amazing!! Today I am tearing up with excitement and love this entry!!
I will continue to pray for the remainder of your journey and wish a safe trip home! As well as a welcome homecoming and introduction of the new Big Brother to his baby Sister!!
Take care!!
Pam
How awesome that everything is starting to turn around! Even better that the timing was right and all of you were able to experience it together. It's wonderful to see/hear that your spirit is brighter and obvious now that Gracyn's is all well.
When do you get to come home Tiff?
Lora
So glad to hear things are on the up and up with Gracyn. What a cute story about the kiss, though I know what you mean about not wanting Peyton to be jealous. Just remember that God has been working on him to prepare him for his new sister, too. Your little guy may just surprise you!
yay yay yay! I'm so happy to see her little heart open up a little more! So neat that it happened while you were Skypeing and the whole family got to see. Singing praises tonight!
YES YES YES!!!!!! This is wonderful! I am so glad that she is opening up to you so well now! Just what God wanted for you hon! You are so blessed. And then Peyt being his sweet self as usual.. it will all gel, jam, and create the perfect family hon!!! So happy for you.
Amen, thank you Lord!
Tiff,
I'm so happy for you things worked out and you are on your way home right now. Sending you smooth flight vibes right now. Gracyn is amazing! The stroller nap, bed on the floor looks like a familiar Taiwan trip! Congratulation on making it through Gothca Day!
XOXO,
Megan
Post a Comment