Gracyn woke up with her first little cold (just sniffles) had her first well-check appointment. She weighed in at 22lbs, and measured 34.75 inches. (I think the height is off a bit because they had her lie down to do it, and we've measured her at home already.) Oh well!
She didn't like being there. Didn't help that the nurse wanted to take her picture as part of their new "checkup print-out" - she got a great picture and then came back because she said there was no memory card in it, but we saw the photo?!
After she was "inspected" and she cried hard, she actually put her head down on my shoulder willingly for the first time. Then, I asked her for a kiss, and she puckered up and gave me several! To top it off, since I was on a roll, I showed her my tummy, and said, "Where's Gracyn's tummy?" and she lifted up her dress to show me! That's major progress. . .
Of course we had to ruin the moment by getting her first shots in the U.S. We opted not to have her first lab experience and will hold off on the drawing of blood. She survied her shots, to only be followed by her first set-back this afternoon. She had her first real bout with grief since coming home. She took her first long nap, and when she awoke, she displayed the same behaviors as she did in Taiwan, pushing me away, pointing at me and waving bye-bye, which means for me to go away.
Once she woke up, she was fine. In fact, she seemed more attached. Again, she put her head down on me, doesn't like it if I carry Peyton, got really mad at me for not responding immediately to her, (she almost went for Daddy because she had given up on me, and then changed her mind), and insisted on Mommy for comforting at bed time even though I tried to introduce Daddy's touch tonight. She lets Daddy carry her, but if I'm around, it's a no go. We're going to work on it tomorrow some more. "Mommy, Daddy, Gracyn" bonding.
3 comments:
Hi Tiffanie:
You're doing so well with Gracyn. She's still transitioning to the new family. But...The kisses and attachment to you throughout the day is a good sign. One day at a time. That's my motto when we first came home with Leah.
Congrats on the progress! Kisses are a huge thing, I find myself begging still for kisses at times! Sounds like although a hard day for Gracyn it turned out to be a great day of progress!! YIPPEE way to hang in there as I know it can be emotionally draining!!
Love ya!
Pam
Wow! Noah and Gracyn weigh the same 22lbs! Noah is shorter though at 30 inches tall. Isn't it the most WONDERFUL feelin when they lay their head on your shoulder and snuggle in! :) We opted to wait on Noah's shots till the insurance comes through so his first appointment was needle free but not tear free! He did NOT like bein examined!
hugs
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Post a Comment