8.22.2008

17+ Target Trips since First Decree on 7/7, and counting

How many times have you been to Target while waiting for your Final Decree? I haven't left on a plane yet, but I counted my receipts, and I'm at about 17 trips. . .some quick, some long, some times 2 trips in a day at different locations.

What do I buy at Target? That's a silly question. . .everything. . .food, bottles, bibs, socks, PJ's, cotton-gauze T-shirts for me for HOT Taiwan, shoes, more shoes when you think you've purchased the wrong size, car seats, toys, a voice recorder to tape the responses at SLC to our questions. (Yes, we'll videotape too!)

Target Highlight: Purchased a Britax Marathon Car seat on "Clearance" for $229. Returned it because I found a pattern I liked better. When I was at the counter, the kid said, "You know this is only $69 now?" (or something close to that). I said, how much? Can I buy it back? He said it had to go out to the floor, but then another kid walked up and I asked if he could take it out, and he said sure. . .out went the kid and the car seat, oh, and let's not forget my husband, who I had stalking him down the aisles so we could put the car seat right back in our cart to purchase for a price I've never seen associated with Britax. Pretty good shopper, I am, huh?

I love Target. . .In fact, need to go get a bottle brush and baby meds soon! You see, 17 Plus, will become something like 20 trips. Proud? I don't know. . .a little embarrassed perhaps.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

WOW - great deal on the Britax! That's awesome...I'd be stalking that guy, too!! I love Target, too, but I always buy way too much.

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

William's Family said...

Ha ha! You sound like me before we traveled to get William. Great idea about the voice recorder. I am going to the Target website right now to check out that Britax and to see if they still have any. That is one awesome deal.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

heeeheee :) I love it :) I wish we lived close :) Shopping together would be FUN! :)

hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Long ago it was Nordstroms and boutique childrens clothes, now Target is my best friend :0)