Yes, a few tears came to my eyes, and my heart skipped a beat. . .it's time. Peyt said this morning, "Now you're going to Taiwan?" - I explained I was leaving and would pick up Gracyn on Monday. Peyt replied, "NO, you said you're getting her today." - Kids are so brutally honest and cute.
My first glimpse of Gracyn. . .
My all-time favorite photo for months. . .
Suprise photos for 4th of July! And boy is she independent - she's walking!

First close-up photo with a beautiful smile to melt Mommy's heart.
Gracyn,
Mommy has waited a very long time for this moment. I'm still very at peace, and relaxed. PTL! Perhaps since we have a few days before we meet you, I'm just not nervous yet. I am so excited to see where you were born and where you've spent the first two years of your life. I am so blessed to call you my daughter. I pray that you have been at peace with your family this week, and that you are being somewhat prepared to meet me. I know it will be sad to say goodbye. It was sad for me to say goodbye to your brother, and that's only for a week. Leaving behind everything that you know might make you scared or angry. I hope that you know God is always with you. He was with you they day you entered the world, has been with you while I've been waiting to bring you home, and will be with us during our first days together as Mom and daughter. He is always with us sweet pea.
Mommy can't wait to wrap her arms around you, and wipe away your tears. I can't wait to see your beautiful eyes and your sweet smile. I wonder how big you are and what your voice sounds like. I wonder what you smell like, and how thick your hair is. I can't wait to "touch your palms" to help you sleep, and to feel your hand around my finger. Mommy fell in love with you a long time ago, and now I can finally show you how much!!!
Until we meet. . .may you be blessed with joy, comfort, and sweet dreams.
Love,
Mommy
8 comments:
Ok crying again! That was just the sweetest post! I love it! Have a great trip hon. Gracyn is truly loved and she will adore all the writings you have for her!
Okay, I'm with Sarah on both posts. Tylenol PM a MUST and the tears. Goodness, I am blubbering here at work and everyone keeps walking by trying not to ask me if I'm okay. I left you a voicemail and hope you get it before you board your flight. I pray that you and gong-gong have a safe trip and can't wait to see "our" little Gracyn in your arms. Hold tight my friend, the ride is just beginning......
Love and hugs!
Valorie
oh man you have me bawling here! I am so happy for you and my prayers go with you on the trip friend! :) I can't wait for the post I GOT HER! :)
big hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Hey Girlie
Yes I am too crying as I read your post - I just can't begin to imagine your emotions! It is so awesome knowing you are just days away from your precious daughter!! I am so excited for the Yee Family finally bringing home their baby!! I know I had a hard time leaving everything my daughter ever knew but had to focus on the fact that we were finally together FOREVER. Although no matter what I still cried leaving her native land. Enjoy your journey the fun is yet to come!!
Lots of hugs for all of you!
Pam
This post needs a "tear-jerker warning" on it. I'm all choked up as well.
Awwwwwwwwww man! This one killed me. I can't believe it... we're finally at this point. Go get your daughter!
Thinking of you constantly,
Lucy's mama
Just want you to know that you are/will be in my thoughts...I felt the same way about being so relaxed, can't explain it...But sitting here now and knowing all of the emotions you're about to go through, makes me really excited for you! You stay calm and I'll get anxious and excited for you.
Keep us posted, can't wait to see the two of you together...
Lora
Tiffanie - Enjoy the calm before the storm of emotions to come! Monday will be so exciting - can't wait to see the first posts and photos! Susan
Post a Comment