8.26.2008

Roll it.

The one thing I can pride myself in doing fairly well, is packing. . .After managing to fly SW for years, and refusing to check in my luggage because it takes too long to claim it, I've mastered packing for 4-5 day trips in a carry-on. Yes a carry-on that meets regulations, I'm not one of those rule-breaking travelers!

Roll it baby. . .roll the clothes and pack them tight - unless you're taking fabrics like rayon or silk, in which case you have to layer. I decided to create space in each of the two suitcases for Gracyn, my Dad, and for me. Why? In case something gets lost, of course. Also the smaller suitcase is what we'll take to Tainan, and leave everything else in storage. Too much to carry with Gracyn in my arms! Did I say that?! Gracyn in my arms. . .yes. . .Dad will have to be my mule, as he has already named himself, and I will be the toddler wrangler. . .

Count down has begun. . .Tami, and Jackie, are you packed yet?!
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Hey chick! :)

NO I AM NOT! Have not even begun. I am at a total and complete loss. Do not know what can and can't be used for carryone and cant decide anything so we just talk and nothing happens! Eeek I love seeing all your stuff! :) Can't wait to see Gracyn in your arms! :)

hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Sarah k said...

GOOD JOB!!!!! I learned that method from my use to be Navy Submariner husband!!! lol... You go girl!!!!

Sarah said...

I am so impressed. I'm sitting here with my jaw dropped open. I take everything with me when I travel, including the kitchen sink.

Pam Caro said...

Tiffanie

I am so EXCITED for you and can't believe you are just hours away from travelling!! YEAH!! I can't wait to see Gracyn in your arms and see how she will make you just melt!! What a feeling!! Good luck in your travels post lots of stuff for us back home to read!!

Dunns said...

Wow!! I'm blown away. I thought I was a good packer. I have on a few occasions packed for 7 days with everything pressed in one suitcase (check-in). Yeah, I too pack the kitchen sink! I think I need to try out this "rolling" everything in the suitcase...that means I could fit more than the kitchen sink..LOL..I see..humm :-)

Debbie
dunnchild.blogspot.com

Steve n Coco said...

This is just so STINKIN' exciting!! I can't wait to see that first picture of you with Gracyn.

May God just wrap His arms around you and Gracyn during this time.

Happy Birthday, Gracyn! You'll be home SO SOON!!

Be blessed!
Courtney