8.23.2008
Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice. . .
Sugar and Spice. . .
We are so blessed to not only have had one shower, but two. . .Gracyn is already so loved! My Mother-in-law and 2 Sisters-in-law hosted the toddler shower. . .The favor tags read: Sugar and Spice and Everything nice, That's what little girls are made of. . .the little spice jars were filled with a variety of gummy bears, M&M's, Teddy Grahams, and Gold Fish!
There were many family members, but not sure how they feel about having their photos on our site, so there is one picture of me with one very special lady. . .she's been my life line through this journey. She gave Gracyn the beautiful jewelry chest in the slide show and the precious "Gracyn" beaded bracelet. Thanks Val - aka my 5 minute friend. What would I have ever done without you. "Our" Gracyn is almost home. . .I've always wanted a jewelry chest or box and never really had one like this. . .I've dreamt of one for my little girl, and you made that dream come true. Love you!
Peyton couldn't resist trying out his sister's new stuff! You'll see him looking in the mirror, and he licks his finger and then starts "touching up" his face! He even liked the Little Mermaid ride-on. Sshhhhhh! Don't tell his Dad! Yay! A girly ride-on toy!!! I promised not to buy stuff we already have but in girl colors, but when it's a gift, you can't help but keep it and enjoy all that pink and purple!
We were spoiled with a Momma and Baby Panda Bear Set, clothes, jewelry, a journal to track the journey, and our very first copy of "I love you like Crazy Cakes", a must have for all adoptive families. It made 4 of my Aunts tear up just flipping through the book. And the card that made me just laugh read. . .Fashion Baby (on the front) and Don't be surprised if her first word is "mall." (on the inside) There was a prize for the "Heaviest Purse" weighing in at 6 lbs, and a prize for the person with the most items in their purse - ironically the one with the heaviest purse took the lead in both games!
And last but not least, I must mention that my DH brought me flowers this morning and said, "Happy Shower Day Hon!" - What a sweetheart. . .he's come a long way considering when Peyton was born there were no flowers, no balloons, not a thing for either one of us! He's my strength, my love, and my best friend.
Socks and Gloves. . .
Speaking of my DH. . .after the shower we joined the "Socks and Gloves" group and had the opportunity to serve our Father by bringing food and clothing to those in need. We prepared and delivered hot dogs, snacks, and drinks to about 100+ people. It touched my heart after being spoiled at a shower, to have the opportunity to experience this with my husband. It was incredible, and heart-wrenching all at the same time. I ended my day with a sight I will never forget. . .I looked down before me, and saw at least a half dozen hands or more. . .wide open, all asking for the last two hot dogs. We had no more food. We made multiple trips back for more, and at the end of the day I still couldn't fill each one of those hands. For those who we couldn't help tonight, I especially want to lift them up in prayer. I pray that they were able to find nourishment before the night was over. I pray they know that we wish we had more. Thank you Father for providing us with the means to serve your children. Please continue to guide us and use us. Use our hands, our feet, and all that we are to serve You here on Earth. Thank you for a most glorious day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh Tiff! The shower seems wonderful! I wish I could have been there for you :) What a sweet sweet way for them to bless you! :) I must say I am a tad jealous. not that I wouldnt want you to be blessed so but just wow I would love that too type thing :) Thanks for sharing so much of your life and journey with us far away and helping us to really feel closer and get to know you better :)
hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Post a Comment