Excited Mommy and Daddy before saying goodbye
Flight 27 - Taipei Bound
Les Suites Da An in Taipei
We made it to TPE safe and sound. . .I think I only read for a few minutes, slept a couple of hours, but I watched 4 movies!! Seats in EVA Deluxe were comfortable. Food was plentiful, and tasty for my Asian taste buds. Shrimp and Rice (curry flavored) or Chicken and potatoes for dinner. Rice Porridge (or eggs/ham) for breakfast. Tooth brush provided, along with slippers, quilt, pillow, Vitamin C drop, cookies, Rice Cracker mix, and warm rolls.
There's a "Fever Check" when you get off the plane, and of course, I knew I would be the one they stopped. Nurse said I was running a slight fever, asked if I had bitten by a mosquito - I hadn't stepped foot out of the airport yet, and no bites. Probably was, and still am dehydrated though.
The first step out of the airport was the first taste of Taiwan. It took me a few minutes to catch my breath through the thick air, and there was a lot of smokers out there too! Once in the van, it was great - Thanks to a friend who's currently living in Taiwan for the summer, our transportation was arranged, and the driver talked to our friend via cell phone so she could translate.
When we arrived at the hotel, Les Suites Da-An, the driver and the front desk helped us to translated our itinerary for Sunday when we go to Kaohsiung and Pingtung. Service is GREAT. The Suite is nice, spacious, very clean, separate shower and tub which will be perfect when we pick up Gracyn, and nice carpet in case we end up sleeping on the floor.
I felt so relieved once I logged on to my computer. I now feel connected to home. I can't believe after the weekend I'll be holding Gracyn in my arms! Luckily EVA has a ton of KIDS movies and shows, and they're offered in multiple languages.
To my DH - great job posting hon! But if I have "the" computer, which is why you're never on our blog, how is it that I'm in Taipei and posting, but you're in the US and posting too??? HMMMMM. . .we must have more than one computer in the house - Ask Peyton to count for you. It's three. Yes, we have 3 computers hon. . .Welcome to the world of blogging!
PTL for an uneventful, and pleasant trip here!
13 comments:
HALLELUJAH!!! :) I AM SOOO incredibly happy for you :) I am crying girl! You are so close now! I got your sweet card in the mail about 10 minutes after your I'm Off email came and it made me feel closer to you :) I can't wait to hear every detail. Prayers and hugs coming your way friend :)
Blessings,
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Yay Tiffanie!! So excited for you and living through you vicariously!! You are so cute too! Love the pic with you and your dad!
Is Gracyn coming to SLC for your meeting? If so, kiss my baby boy for me!!
Kristy
waiting for judge to tell me to come and get baby Chun Yu!!
I'm on the edge of my seat!!! Keep the posts coming!!
I second Jackie!!! Keep the posts coming! We're all living vicariously through you... and if you see my HC little bug in pink, give her my love. Interestingly... my word verification to post this is "hcqtrl" translating to Hannah Claire Cutie in Real Life!
The pictures are great and the room looks perfect for you guys. Try and get some rest and enjoy your down time before the whirlwind of events to come.
Hugs!
Hi there! I just found your blog through Taiwan Lucy's and wanted to delurk and say CONGRATULATIONS!
I am mom to a 3 year old boy-wonder, and look forward to reading about your adventures as a family of 4.
All the best to Gracyn and her entire forever family.
God bless.
Oh my goodness, I'm so excited for you!! Won't be long till she's in your arms. :)
Tiffanie - so glad you made it safely to Taipei! We were on that same flight 3 weeks ago! Are you taking the HSR to Tainan on Sunday? We stayed at the Landis there - it was great. Can't wait for the "family day" post. Susan H.
Tiffanie,
I am so relieved that you are there safely and enjoying your time with your dad! Excited and right there with you, hanging on the edge of my seat as your journey gets going in Taiwan!!! We are praying for a smooth meeting with Gracyn and for an amazing amazing Day for your family!!!!!
So glad to hear you arrived safely. I am holding my breath for your big day. Thanks for letting us come along on your journey!
This is so exciting! Thanks for sharing your journey and know that you have my prayers for a safe and fulfilling travel!
Courtney
AHHHHH!!! YOU'RE THERE! And you look gorgeous! Look at you beaming. Fever? What Fever? ;0) You just jinxed me... I'll get the fever check! ha ha Never heard of that before.
Have a wonderful trip and especially wonderful Meeting Gracyn Forever Moment!
Tiffanie, I can't imagine Gotcha Day without DH and DS. I can't wait until you are all home and united. I bet you are just a few hours from holding Gracyn! Hurry and post photos!
XOXO,
Megan
Post a Comment