8.07.2008

Showered with pinks, lilacs, and. . . love!

I never expected to have a shower for my second, but I've been so blessed with wonderful friends at work that they threw a "Coming Home" party for Gracyn. We had the party in the most beautiful backyard of a colleague's home, where the bar was decorated like a hotel buffet, and the menu (posted in a picture frame) consisted of all "Asian-themed" foods. Including the most creative one, homemade "Five Spice Almonds." There were gifts from Target (my favorite), BRU (can't beat it), and of course all of the "orange boxes with white ribbons." The "orange boxes with white ribbons" in the world of baby showers, equate to the "blue boxes with white ribbons" for bridal showers! (a.k.a. Tiffany & Co.) There is an adorable shop near our office called "Posh Punkins" (hence the orange boxes) which carries everything from Luna Luna Copenhagen to Tea Collection and everything in the middle, along with bedding, bags, and shoes.

Gracyn was given many firsts. . .her first skeggings outfit (skirt with built in leggings, and matching top), her first sunglasses - very cute, her first baby stroller, her first fur collared sweater, her first Poo bear outfit, her first Fall 2008 Daily Tea outfit (we only have the older line), her first Tea Collection dress which is so incredibly sweet and pure (I usually only buy Daily Tea because it's so expensive!), to her first socks that look like she's wearing mary janes!!! Here I am at Target, Old Navy, Marshall's, Gymboree and Macy's looking for sales, and then she's spoiled with all of these beautiful gifts. All the stuff I look at, and ooh and ahh over. . .but rarely buy.

 
Posted by Picasa


It's not the material part of the gifts that matters, but the thougtfulness of these people to recognize Gracyn's homecoming as one that has been long awaited, and anticipated with excitement. It's the time that they took out of their busy schedules to pick out the most perfect outfits and accesories for my daughter and to celebrate with me in all my joy. I am so blessed to be showered with the gorgeous wardrobe full of pinks and lilacs, but more importantly, to be blessed with the love and support of friends from work. . .now that, is priceless.

7 comments:

lorabelle said...

It sounds like you have a lovely network of family and friends, who all have really nice taste to boot!
Congratulations!!
Alayna and I are so happy for you!
Lora

Staci said...

That's funny,we must live in the same area. I was just in Posh Punkins yesterday (orange/white shopping bags with 3 faces on it, right?)! My sister and I were loving that purple Luna Luna outfit.I can't stay in that store for long or I go nuts over all the cute stuff.
Staci

Steve n Coco said...

Wow! You're gonna have one stylin' little chic on your hands! How much fun!!

Courtney

Staci said...

Yes that's where we are. Is that where you are too? I think your right...only 2 stores. The one by us has been open for awhile and the other one just opened. Small world, huh? Maybe we could meet up sometime.=)
Staci

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

So cute! Those are so gorgeous and she is going to look fabulous. Posh Punkins... ha ha My husband always laughs at me because I can't pronounce pumpkin... it always comes out punkin! He laughs and says, "Who you punkin?" How fun... I miss baby-showers! Sounds like you had fun! =0) Sara

Staci said...

I love Chantara's too!! Haven't been to Wk yet. Would love to meet up sometime and of course meet Gracyn...she is so adorable!
Staci
lattessc@aol.com

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

how fun :) That was so kind of them to do that for you Tiff :) I just know you had a blast :) and all those firsts are so sweet :)

hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com