8.08.2008

Waiting, Shopping and Wondering. . .what are your thoughts?

While you wait, you shop. . .and you shop. . .and you shop, but somehow you never finish shopping. Then you get the call you've been waiting for. . .First decree. . .you count the 10 days backwards, and then you start over from 1 and start counting forward, until that magical day of your FINAL Decree. Then you resume to the shopping again, and you sit and wonder. How will I ever keep up with another child in the household? You then remember, or you're reminded by others, that you have fallen behind in your blog. In other words, your blog is boring if I click on it and it's the same thing day after day. . .well, I'm nesting now, and it's catch up time. . .Below is just a small, small look into the shopping craze. . .over the coming days, you'll see what life was like right before first decree. . .it was busy, it was full, and somehow it never got captured.

I figure I have 20 days until I leave. That's 20 days to get Gracyn's room ready, clean my closet out, finish packing, finish shopping (yes, of course there's still more to buy!), wrap big brother gifts for while I'm gone, clean up the hard drive, get the car seats installed, and last but not least, update my blog with "life before Gracyn" days. Once Gracyn comes home, life will change forever. Jackie got me thinking last night. . .I wonder what it will be like when Gracyn's home. . .How will I discipline my strong willed, currently potty-trained 3 and half year old who still likes to be carried everywhere, uses pacifiers, and requires a firm tone, and timeouts, when I have a 2 year old who's new to the home, isn't a baby, can't be separated for quiet time, will likely enter the terrible 2's shortly after coming home, and oh, by the way, is adjusting to a life that is new in every aspect, who I'm trying to develop an attachment with (both me to her, and her to me), and may also want to be carried around everywhere? WONDERING. . .really, really wondering. . .Moms? Thoughts? Suggestions? Calgon anyone?
 
Posted by Picasa

The Asian Print Outfits were made by Fly Away Home Clothing. She's mom to a daughter from China, and was great to work with! She even sent me coordinating bows as a surprise! The Michael Miller Chinese Kids Fabric is the newer version of the China Dolls fabric that our baby bedding was made from. My favorite! Check it out!

The very first "Big Brother/Little Sister" set was from Ramona, Jaden's mommy. One of the pictures that I never got around to posting.

3 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

oh I so enjoyed reading adn seeing tonight! I love the big brother little sis outfits :) NOAH has the exact same brother outfit but his says little brother. I do not have a big sister one for celeste though. I can so realate to so much of what you said except I do not have the travel date yet but I can still relate :)

hugs
Tami
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Tiff,
Loved catching up on all of your news regarding Gracyn. I love all the girl shopping!!!! Wow, what a wardrobe!!! Can't wait to know you are holding her in your arms.
Blessings,
Teresa

lorabelle said...

Tiff,
Suggestion: As hard as it is, try to start weaning little by little right now. It sounds cruel and it might feel terrible, but the reality is that he may resent her if you if you wait until she's already home. He's too little to really understand, and you are right that she is going to need tons of attention and require a lot of attachment/bonding... My thoughts will be with you... You are going to have to be one strong gal. I happen to think you already are, by the way!
Lora