8.17.2008

Peyton or Phelps?, Whatever, and "Did God maDe doots?"

Peyton is becoming such a big boy! Yesterday at my cousin's for a birthday swim party, Peyton was out in the pool with Daddy. Someone came in to get me and said, "Your husband and son want you to come out and watch your son swim." I thought, oh, how cute, he's got all his gear on, vest, swimmies, and he's learning how to put his face in the water. I go out a few minutes later, he has nothing but his trunks on, and they say, "watch Mom." - I thought, great, he's going to "swim" a couple of feet. And, then it happened, he swam! Like, he really swam!!! Lap after lap across the width, not length, of the pool! About 15 feet across! Someone called him "Phelps" - He's super fast and rarely comes up for air! I'm so proud of him!

Great Dialogue!
Me: "Peyton, what do you want me to bring home for you from Taiwan?"
Peyt: "I don't know. . .(pause). . .whatever (with a smile)"

Great Dialogue part deux (two in French):
Me: "Who made you?"
Peyt: "God made me."
Me: "God made everything."
Peyt: "Did God maDe doots?" (paci's)
Me: "Yes."
Peyt: "Did God maDe blankets?"
Me: "Yes."
Peyt: "Did God maDe walls?"
Me: "Yes."
Peyt: "Did God maDe Costco?" (HE LOVES COSTCO PIZZA!)
Me: "Yes."
Peyt: "Did God maDe horses?" (HE LOVES HORSES!)
Me: "Yes."
Dad: "Who does everything belong to?"
Peyt: "Me."

We were almost there. . .such a hard concept to grasp since we all say, "It's mine." - from "Who's drink is that?" - "Mine." To, these are "MY children." - daily conversation uses "mine, and my" all the time. . .Not sure if I can teach this concept to a 3 and a half year old yet. . .

3 comments:

Pam Caro said...

Wow Tiff this is wonderful!! I wish I could say the same for my kids!! I have been in swim lessons how long and still afraid of the water!!

I can't believe you are on a countdown to Taiwan!! This is so excited - I am so happy for you guys!! Ahhhh this is so awesome!!

William's Family said...

How awesome that he is swimming! That must have been such a proud mommy moment.

BTW - Peyton, I'm with you on thanking God for Costco. We all love the samples. Andrew can spot a sample cart from across the warehouse. Shh, don't tell my embarrassed DH that I'm training William to do the same.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

aww how sweet! I bet you were so proud watching your boy swim! I know you can't wait to have a family pool day all together :)

hugs
Tami
Noah'w Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome. blogspot.com