8.27.2008

Last night at home as Mommy to one!

Praise the Lord, I am so relaxed. I never anticipated being this relaxed the night before we leave for Taiwan, but it's great. Tonight I thought about all of the cute Peytonisms. . ."Pamillwa" = vanilla. . ."Mom, you're making me nervous!" (He shouted this one out in Target today and a couple overheard and couldn't help but laugh!). . .oh, and yes, in the last 48 hours, I've done Target 3 times. . .

Speaking of Target, the "buying 2 of everything" has officially begun. Peyton had to have another bouncy ball, as if we need any more, and picked out not one, but two rainbow balls. One for him, and of course, one for his sister. I think he understands Gracyn is finally coming home. Tonight, he pretended to push her on the swing, and pretended that she was sitting one side while he was on the other. Quite sweet.

I'm a bad, bad mommy. I've been letting Peyton have his "doots" (rhymes with foot, aka paci's) because he's really needing them to feel comforted. Usually he can only have them in his bed, but I've been bending he rules and allowing him to have them on the couch as well. I'd rather it be the paci's than the potty training to go down the tubes! LOL

This journey has been amazing. . .I don't think I ever imagined what this part of the process would look or feel like. My advice. . .forget trying to make the house and the bedrooms perfect. It's not how we live everyday anyhow. . .for those of you who can manage to keep a spotless, perfectly decorated home, and balance it with life, more power to you! My DH has encouraged me to remember, that it's not going to be perfect. What I'm most grateful for is my family. That our home is full of joy, and we're about to add to that with Gracyn's homecoming. Rather than spending my last night cleaning closets (don't get me wrong, I've done that too in the past weeks) I opted to hang out on the couch and cuddle my first born. We ate "blue chips" aka Ranch Doritos and Cheetos at an unacceptable hour, and at almost 11PM, Peyton is stil up watching Potty Bear. Sad thing is, this is a pretty regular night in our household. (Well, not every night, but it's been a fairly normal evening, including the snacks.)

Tomorrow will be my last post here at home. . .a post to Gracyn. Until then, sweet dreams.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Good night, Tiffanie... I hope you're getting some rest before the big trip. I'll be thinking about you and praying for your family during the trip.

Sarah k said...

ok.. I am starting to cry again.. stop that! The "pretending to push her in the swing thing" is what got me!! You had me from Pretend! OH Tif, here are my travel wishes for you! Stay safe and take care while you are away. ENJOY every moment and live in it, this only happens once with each child. Welcome to the adoption delivery room where your dreams finally end in holding that sweet little girl in your arms while praying a prayer of gratitude and smiling from ear to ear! This is where you have been trying to get all along and your moment will be blessed! Soak it all up and just let go! Have a nice flight hon and enjoy the site seeing! Thank you again for taking that to Jo! I can never repay you for your kindness and love, but I will try. Sleep well tonight and take Tylenol PM on the plane for the flight over..lol.
I will be back here to see what you are doing over there and to see that sweet girl in your arms! Count on it! *HUGS**

Our Family said...

Tiffanie,

I didn't realize you were leaving so soon. I've not been well so I have been totally out of the loop. I hae planned to get your address and send you something but I guess it's too late now! I wish you the best of luck on your trip and the happiest and most joyous pickup day with Gracyn! Have fun!

Lori

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I am SOOO EXCITED for you to be at this point my friend! My heart overflows with joy for you! :) Enjoy your time in Taiwan and just bask in the joy of having her in your arms FOREVER! :) What time do you fly out? PLEASE tell me you are keeping in touch while in taiwan?? :) I will miss you incredibly.

Big big hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com