8.19.2008

Blessings on the Journey to Gracyn

I leave in 9 days, and I get to hold Gracyn in my arms in 12. The journey to Gracyn has been one filled with many blessings. I've met wonderful people across the states, I've had the opportunity (to try )to be patient, I've been lifted up in prayer, I've met a Pastor in the area in which Gracyn has spent the first 2 years of her life, my faith deepened, my marriage strengthened.

We are blessed to have photographs of Gracyn's Foster Family. I feel funny even referring to them as "Foster" - They are her family. The only family she's ever known. A family that has held her in their arms, when I could only hold her in my heart. A family that has been there for her during her first cold, her first tooth, her first steps, her first smile, her first words, her first 2 years of life. I pray that I have the opportunity to meet the family in person, and to thank them, language barriers aside, from the bottom of my heart. Gracyn is who He always intended her to be. Her family, however, has influenced who she has become, and have provided her with a warm, safe, and loving home. For this blessing, words can never express my gratitude.

Thank you Heavenly Father for entrusting us with your daughter. We will love and cherish Gracyn. We will help her to grow into the person you've intended for her to become. We have been blessed to have had extra time with our first-born as an "only child." While the journey was longer than anticipated, Your timing makes perfect sense. Peyton is ready to be a big brother, and Mom and Dad are ready for the "score to be tied," 2 Kids vs. 2 Parents!

I am blessed to be the Mom to two adorable sweet peas. My heart is filled with joy!

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Staci said...

Beautifully said...you sure have a way with words. That made me want to cry. I'll be praying that Gracyn has the smoothest transition possible! ;)
Take Care
Staci

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I loved this post! :) Big hugs to you friend :) and to Gracyn and many prayers headed your way for all of you :)

hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Tiffanie - we are living the dream and you will be soon too! Our little Mei Mei is such a sweetheart and I just know Gracyn is too.....there is so much cuteness and love waiting for you in Tianan! Susan H.

Steve n Coco said...

Oh blessed and beautiful girl! Praise the Lord for her and also for the family He is providing her. He is so FAITHFUL! It is encouragement like your story that keeps me going day to day, ready to keep on looking for our little one and believe that she really is out there.
Wishing you peace in your preparation!
Courtney

Sarah k said...

That was beautiful Tiffanie! I loved reading your heart and seeing what God has done for you and your family on this journey. .God is great! You survived and time is nearing! Keep moving forward and dream sweet dreams of Gracyn and Peyton playing together and double giggles floating in the air!!