Our second stop was the Pingtung Christian Hospital where Gracyn spent the first days of her life.
In Pingtung there are lot of dogs hanging out on street, and if not in streets, they were in big bird-like cages. There are a lot of stores dedicated solely to pets!
On the way to the Aboringal Culture Park, there was an abundance of trees, that appear to be palm trees that bear big green fruit! I took this photo from the car. There were countless trees that went on for miles.
Gracyn is living in the Pingtung area, and from the appearance of her foster family and traditional decor, I believe they may be Paiwan. I was able to select some hand crafted beaded bracelets for her. The lady in the store picked out a red one that was for good health! (Red)
To stay cool on we hopped on these big swings and the breeze served as our air conditioner!
Other photos from the park. . .
Last stop of the day. . .
Remember the Pastor I met by simply googling Pingtung? Today's journey ended on a blessed note. We got to meet not only Pastor Chris and his family, but his church family as well. They were so warm and welcoming.
Rosa, the girl in the purple dress next to me is their worship leader, and she has a beautiful voice. Not only can she sing, but she can make some delicious banana cake!! Rosa chose the songs, and the last one was "His Time" - "In His Time, In His Time, He will make everything perfect in His time." I thought it was a "God Thing" for her to make this selection. I've said all along, that this had to be in His time.
After the message, on Ephesians 1, (perfect scripture), Pastor Chris invited me to talk about my adoption journey. It was amazing, and I was so touched. There were great questions and the opportunity to share with the Christian community (which is very small in Taiwan, - I've been told about 3%) about the adoption process, and the great work of organizations like His Hands Taiwan.
We closed in prayer. For my DH, please know that even thought I'm not at home I was lifted up in prayer here in Taiwan! Right in the birthplace of our daughter. After prayer, Chris asked the new faces to introduce themselves, and right behind me was a first-time visitor. Guess what?! He is a physician that has been working at the Pingtung Christian Hospital for 22 years! He gave me his card and welcomed any inquiries. Yet, another "God thing!"
Chris and his wife hosted dinner (Pizza Hut Pizza) for dinner and fellowship. The photo of the box is for my boys at home. . .
Well, this is it. . .in less than 12 hours I'll be at SLC awaiting the arrival of my sweet Gracyn. I am still really calm. And, quite frankly, after the day we had today, I'm ready to put my head to my pillow, say my prayers one last time, and dream. For the first time I don't have to dream about what it will be like to be at this part of the journey. . .I'm living it!!! For those of you are still waiting, please reflect on my part about in "His Time." For those of you who are home with your children, I hope you can reflect on your own journeys and give your children an extra hug and kiss for the blessings that they are.
Hugs and thanks to all of you who have been following this journey to my second sweet pea. DH and DS - I love you guys with all my heart! Hope this allowed you to be a part of the trip! Ease up on the red chips and pizza!!! :)
GRACYN - MOMMY REALLY IS COMING TO GET YOU!!! SEE YOU TOMORROW SWEET PEA! It's a date for life.
14 comments:
YIPEEE! I can't wait to see her in your arms!!! :) LOVED all the pics and that you found a Church. We want to find a church to go to while there too! :) Big big big hugs girl
His time has come!
hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
This is Holly from His Hands. It was a blessing for us to meet you today. I love how God works things together like a beautiful tapestry. I am so excited to read what tomorrow brings.
Wow, what an amazing day you had! I've really enjoyed all of your great pics (i can't believe they have a hello kitty bakery, we'll be going there for sure). I'll be thinking of you and Gracyn tomorrow. :) big hugs to you!
Gorgeous pics Tiff! I am so glad that your trip is going well and that you are able to spend time in the area where Gracyn has spent the beginning of her life. Counting down the minutes until you are united with "our" girl!
What a great post. It sounds like it's been quite the adventure since you've arrived in Taiwan. We are awaiting the conclusion of it with baited breath.
Tif,
Your post was more than emotional. For I am not only grateful for the picture of you and Jo (thank you for visiting him hon)
BUT I am loving your journey through Ping Tung. It is wonderful that you know all that you know about Gracyn's beginnings. I am wondering if Jo's beginnings were in that very hospital too. I am simply amazed and sitting on edge as we wait for the grand meeting with Gracyn!!! I am so happy to see that you had a wonderful day. The church service and the prayers surrounding you is nothing short of GOD! Isn't God so amazing? The song choice was perfect too.. I agree. As you lay your head down, I can imagine the smile that was on your face as you knew this would be the last dream separating you from Gracyn! Right now you are sleeping. You will probably rise early, breathe deep and then ride over to meet Gracyn!! I am so honored to just be watching your journey unfold. It is a precious precious journey to Gracyn!! Thank you again for your love and stopping by to see Jo! Stay safe and soak up tomorrow hon!!!
Dear God, please let every moment of tomorrow to be precious and to always remain a sweet memory for your servant Tiffanie and her family! Be with Peyton and Gracyn and the whole family as they meet and become your perfectly made in Heaven family. Please keep Tiffanie and her dad safe during travel. And give Gracyn a wonderful understanding of this all.
In Jesus name, Amen
Love ya girl..
Oh my gosh, I am crazy excited for you! You may be calm... but I'm jumping out of my skin for what's about to happen for you.
XOXO
Tiff,
I am a tearful mess right now. Tears of joy for you and for your Dad, the two of you getting to spend this treasured quality time together. How awesome. Your spirituality is so uplifting and a beautiful to hear. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us.
Thinking about you BIG time!
Lora & Allie
Your trip has been really fantastic on every level! I know tomorrow will be one of the most memorable days of your life and I will be thinking of you all day! Enjoy, Lori
Hi Tiff
I am so EXCITED for you - as I read your journal I just sit here and cry!! I am so happy for you!! I remember that feeling as it was just one month ago. Seems like a distant memory already but at the same time like yesterday!! I don't even remember those first few moments so make sure you take lots of pictures!! Somehow you are so excited, nervous, and overwhelmed it gets a little fuzzy!! I am having a blast following your journey each day and I can't WAIT for tomorrows journey and pictures!! What an amazing day and what fun you and your dad will have with her!! What a treat to have him join you on this awesome journey!!
Lots of love & hugs! Praying for you guys to remain healthy and allows you for a smooth transition with Miss Gracyn!
Lots of love!
Pam
It's been fun to watch your journey, and I'm excited to see Gracyn in your arms tomorrow! And what an amazing day. It's so fun to see how God orchestrates things. :)
Congrats Tiff,
It's 8:10pm AZ time and I can't help thinking that you may be at SLC right now getting little Gracyn. Thinking of you!! yay! Can't wait to see the pics!
Holli
Breelyn Chia-Ling's Momma
Wow! What incredible things you have experienced in Taiwan so far. I realize as I type, that it's already Monday morning in Taiwan, and you are probably holding Gracyn right now. How incredible! I've been thinking how appropriate it is that you are picking her up on what is "Labor Day" in the US, because you certainly have had to work hard to bring her into your family.
God bless you all.
Deborah
What a beautiful day! And what a way to end it!! Thanks for the reminder that this is all in His time... watching you is such an encouragement.
Be blessed!
Courtney
Post a Comment